Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Today's reality

Look and see what reality God planted me in; the garden of today, weeds and all.  When fire comes and destroys, heavy burden breaks, heart rendered in two; I hope not to be Naomi, basing my feelings, my reality on my circumstances.  Rather, I know God is good always.  I don't want to say "I have nothing" when my Ruth stands next to me.  God is good, He was not a better God yesterday, kinder God last June, more patient Father when I was but 3.  God is and was and always will be rock, unchanging.  He loves me to the fullest today, and tomorrow, in spite of myself. Can I stay the path?  Yes!  I shout in my sun bathed chair, dogs sleeping next to me, bird chatter in my ears, dinner in the making.  Ahhh, it's so easy now.

Try me God, dare I ask?  BUT wait until I'm ready.  Don't crush my world until you know I'll stand, don't hang heavy with sun fruit from my thin new branches; I fear they will break.

52. trees heavy with boys

No comments:

Post a Comment