Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Birth of a blog

The gestation period has been long, much longer than 9 months.  I hated to start and then run out of whatever it is bloggers run out of...ideas, time, courage?  But today the contractions resulted in a birth, so here we go.  I'm  not expecting that anyone will read along, so then why blog? 

I search online for "people like me".  I find a few, scattered like pirate ships in a deep, wide ocean.  Restless, searching for treasure souls.  I am not alone, but unconnected.  How to spider web weave connection chords betwixt these Christ following, seekers of more?  Women, women putting finger to key, caution to wind, baring family sorrow and challenge and triumph to the masses.  Do I dare join them?  Will anyone read?  Do I want anyone to read this too raw birthing of hope?

On a lighter side this journal and its photos will provide my far flung family with a window to peek through if they choose.

So I will write.  I've never liked writing, too much red teacher ink in my past; but now I see that at 40+ I can break the rules - jubilation!  Run ons, grammatical catastrophy, calamatous commas!  I wonder, will I wish for turtle shell cover, dark warm sand surrender, shield my lines, or will I relish at type on screen?

If you are here, then I say Welcome! 

I will post about being chased by a relentless God, raising 5 boys, loving my Man, homeschooling, cooking, reading, and counting joy (1-5 being the counting of Kropp boys)!

No comments:

Post a Comment