Saturday, March 19, 2011

Prayers and thanks

Luke 10 vs. 27
The man answered " 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.' And, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' "

Who are your neighbors?  I've been reading books on Islam lately, trying to understand that neighbor group that numbers in the millions. 

Nine Parts of Desire by Geraldine Brooks is the book I've found to be the most insightful and helpful.   My cat, Bailey, would agree:

On my knees, trying to pray.  Cat purrs, rubs against me, Tender walks in "Watcha doin'?"  Trying to pray.  "'Bout what?"  Well, I just wondered if God had anything He wanted to tell me.  "Okay."  Out he goes, door left open. 

Try again, but I can't seem to pray over or through boy chatter in the house.  Why do I need quiet?  Lack of discipline, I guess.  No wonder God wakes me up in the dark house, all quiet hours to talk with Him.  I want to pray on the spot, anywhere and to listen.  I can't imagine Paul in prison having any quiet at all.

96. train horn blowing
97. honeysuckle
98. ripe mango
99. birds at the feeder
100. purple headed finch
101. watching boys watching birds

I've been remade, reborn in Him.  God looks at me and sees Himself man flesh perfection.  Why does my looking get so distorted?  Bifocals?  I look down and see what's earthly, look up and see distant Good?  When will my vision be clear, a Heavenly clear?  I want to see my kids with Jesus eyes.  They are in His image, as am I.  They should fill me with wonder more often. 

Slow down, wonder at my kids; they are worth my awe.


They sure know how to have fun!  
Out of order:
a. in the right line but in the wrong place
b. temporarily broken
c. as per the judge
d. all of the above

I continue on towards the fix= glue of counting gifts.

102. pink cake
103. clouds racing
104. girls collecting sow bugs "can we have yours?"
105. stream sounds
106. boys herding fish

No comments:

Post a Comment