Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It's raining boys

69. A woman undone, loved by Him, parenting boys; pointing her family towards Christ.

Boys everywhere.  Neighborhood of boy bearing mothers.  Where are the fathers?  Absenteeism is high on Liberty Street.  Boys vie for attention, a piece of the unknown.  Wanting words of approval, kindness; youngest just 3, eldest 17?  Each needing family, communion.  How can I meet each one where he's at?  Only by reaching out through Jesus will there be enough me to go around.

Fill boys up, send them home with bushels of kindness, leftover fish and loaves to see them through. 

Mama won't find me here says one.  Daddy's dead says another.  Look into their eyes, they are brave, so willing to bare soul to the white lady with the calico family.

1st Timothy 2:1 NLT
I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people.  Ask God to help them; intercede on their behalf, and give thanks for them.

70. thank you for all of these boys
71. gift of boys willing to trust
72. a God who can love through me

God, keep my ugliness from them.  Let me point them to You; be a Bible open for them to read.  A peaceful home on this street where dads are absent and boyfriends are grumpy, and Grandma sends you outside 'till dark with a baggy of Fruit Loops for dinner and a can of Vienna weenies. 

73. spotting bunnies on our walk
74. books about raising deaf children - windows into a world I may never understand
75. audiologist and counselor willing to do a home visit; help us re-orbit our family to include hearing impairment
76. the memory of a big dog sitting on my feet, Buddy

77. hazelnut soy latte, a rare treat

No comments:

Post a Comment