Saturday, March 26, 2011

Growing things

121. a really good orange
122. crisp sweet fuji apples
123. cinnamon toast smell
124. a seed, filled with promise

Seeds, seeds to sow daily.  My fields are 5, five in a row boys. 

Each seed has its own body (1Cor. 15:37).  The seed that's planted won't look the same at harvest time.  An apple seed has the code for an apple tree written in it.  God gives me seeds to sow, seeds of time, friendship, knowledge, money.  What comes out won't look much like what I put in.  There's mystery at work there. 

Texas kicks off spring with a wildflower party.  They pop up everywhere, seeds planted by birds, shoes, animals.  I won't let Man mow our backyard because there are so many things coming up that clearly aren't grass; they might be flowers! 

Free beauty from a seed dropped in a bird turd.  That is a wonderful turn of events.  Such a switch from pooh on the windshield, no gift at all. 





125. purple iris found on a day when we were lost and I was getting grumpy
126. little corn, big plans

If I had the power of my words today, what would my day look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment