Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Glory Spout

What is the source of joy?  Has anyone ever been asked that question in a K-12 classroom?  Not me.  But isn't it of great importance?  More so than how can I fit into the system?

Joy comes from God, the source.  I'm made to glorify Him, worship Him, through joy in every circumstance.  As primary teacher/guide for our boys, my hope is to point them continually to Christ.  Opportunity provider, experience engineer, find what makes you happy, make it your career.  God gives us the desires in our heart.  He plants them there, for a purpose.  Find the spout where the glory comes out and revel in it, stay put, don't turn your back on it.  Is it a place?  It's a heart condition, brought on by God focus, awareness of His gifts, and the maximizing of the talents He gave to you, YOU, His love creation.

57. good night's rest
58. Man who builds things
59. dog prints

60. second hand stores
61. leaf tornado in a corner - wind trap
62. a Father who pursues me

Relentless in His pursuit, stretching me, stepping in front of my life time and again.  I am Elmer J. Fudd in my slowness, my desire to fully eradicate each rabbit from its hole, circling back, clarify, reiterate, dog with a bone; put down your gun Elmer and pick up faith, trust in things not seen. 

Psalm 51 vs. 8-11 NLT
Oh, give me back my joy again;
you have broken me-
now let me rejoice.
Don't keep looking at my sins.
Remove the stain of my guilt.
Create in me a clean heart, O God.
Renew a loyal spirit withing me.
Do not banish me from your presence,
and don't take your Holy Spirit from me.

63. When I can't see it, can't feel it, I will faith it and give thanks.  There is joy to be found.
64. winter branches dark with wet
65. mushrooms

66. first wild cherry blossoms of spring

67. violets, jonny jump ups, pansies - all those cute little faces
68. moss on rocks


2 comments:

  1. Those are edible mushrooms- shaggy manes. I hope you ate them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look, someone stopped in! Hi Maya. I'm afraid those shrooms were probably enjoyed by a dear deer.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete