Thursday, March 17, 2011

Room to grow

78. "I love you" in dry erase at my dinner spot - from Number One
79. cardinal boy birds all flashy red
80. cooing doves
81. daffodils pushing for sky
82. polliwogs
83. sons that say "thanks Mom"

With all that I have there is still the stuggle of want, holding onto anger like a cigarette smoker on death row.  If I let go the anger it feels like I'm condoning the behavior.  "Judgement is mine" not mine.  Holding onto anger towards a person is judgement, wanting to be punisher, as if my hurt can cause change in another; I am powerless. 

Anger changes me, only me.  Let go, look to God, find something, anything to be grateful for in that moment of pain.  That is not loss.

I can give and give and never come up empty.  I really can.  New song over old refrain "I just can't give any more of myself",  of course I can!  I am His, He fills me and it is limitless, overflowing fullness cut short only when I choose to stop naming the joy.

84. Man who comes home after work
85. God as conductor
86. little and big feet that fill those everywhere I look dirty socks
87. son with a fashion flare (he must get it from his Aunt TG!)






Proverbs 14 vs. 29 NLT
People with understanding control their anger;
a hot temper shows great foolishness.

Oh what a fool am I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment