Saturday, March 12, 2011

Still in the way of joy

I drive Spunk and No. 1 to school one morning, listening to love on the radio.  A song, written for a man and wife, married many years, still in love.  Thanking God for all of it, the good and bad.  I find it's hard to let go of being grumpy.  I rather enjoy it, my comfortable frown fits my face just fine.  I am compelled to try on the face of joy.  What comes first, the feeling or the face?

Practice - wisdom from Ann's book.  Okay, I will practice.  When I practice joy in the presence of Spunk he responds like a puppy let out of his kennel.  Can my joy feed his and his mine and round and round we will feed each other?  Is it possible to be a family of joy?

I will build on this list of gifts and see what happens.  Like a scientist mixing vinegar and baking soda, yeast and sugar.

27. Hot Tamales
28. semi-dark chocolate skin
29. baby fine blonde hair
30. neighbor girl laughter in a sea of boy noise
31. white lashes around a dark eye

Time is not running out, I am filling it and it grows, my time grows in the slowing down to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment