Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New eyes

112. a walk in the park
113. big catfish feeding in the river - boy delight

114. breastfeeding mamas
115. tree buds bursting lime green
116. spastic golden retrievers

I need eyes to see my life from an impoverished perspective; from poverty, loss, illness, refugee camp status, abandoned.  Then I would look with wonder at all that I have.

Is that truly what it would take?  How shaming.  I pray that naming my riches will give them solid edges.  To honor the many mothers of the world who find joy in the little that they have, I must see the joy in my bounty.

Replace this habit of doubt with one of thanksgiving, won't that clear my vision.  With the thanks of a child?  But isn't the Kingdom of Heaven for such as these?  So blessedly simply, it really does not need to be unraveled. 

If thankfulness precedes joy, and fullness of joy is the promise, joy in Him is our reward, don't I want to chase that daily?

117. Our missional group, aka: the group of folks from church that we are on mission with. An odd mix, like finding 'q's and 'z's and 'f's all in the same word.  God put us wonderfully together.

I pray that you go out with the Gospel of Peace on your feet today.

No comments:

Post a Comment