Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's a zoo

I have mixed feeling about zoos.  On the one hand I think that people who have seen and looked into the eyes of an animal are more likely to care about that animal's future, on the other hand born to be wild animals kept in enclosures is the pits.  And if you happen to be a zoo animal in the majority of this world's countries, you live in a little cage. 

134. the deep rumble of lion contentment
135. finding a probably poisonous snake
136. boys who love their Grandma
137. Grandmas

Grandma came to town this past week, we went to the zoo.  Now the Austin Zoo is unique, the animals are all rescue or rehab animals; I like that, didn't mind paying to visit these critters. 
I would name this guy "Grandpa",  not any reflection on grandpas I know, but he was a grandpa type.

This fellow would be "Fang", it's obvious why.




There were many animals at the zoo (from wolves to monkeys to Bengal tigers), their enclosures were great, my photos don't do it justice.  If you get to Austin, visit the zoo, tell Fang "hello". 

138. pigs, I really love pigs

I kept my three public school kiddos home for two days, that is inexcusable here in TX, but we all had such fun. 

We also took Grandma to eat at a Southern restaurant, Louisiana Gumbo.  Wow, great food.  Ethan had the alligator, no kidding.  I was hoping for a slab of alligator on his plate, what he got looked like popcorn chicken, he loved it. 





Our personal dining server woman was awesome!  She brought us a crayfish so the kids could get up close and personal with a crustacean. 

139. 5 boys that can be taken out to eat and I don't crawl under the table
140. occasionally over-eating

"It all comes of eating too much", said Rabbit stearnly.  "I thought at the time", said Rabbit, "only I didn't like to say anything, that one of us was eating too much," said Rabbit, "and I knew it wasn't me," he said.   This to Pooh who is stuck in Rabbits going out door after polishing off the honey. 





No comments:

Post a Comment