Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Texas trash

214. Texas hot

It is hot here in central Texas, 103 one of the days we were camping!  I really love it, and apparently so do the maggots.

We came home to a hot closed up house.  Next morning I woke up to maggots.  They seemed to pop up everywhere, living room, dining room, hallway, out from under the TV....

At first Yo says "oooh look at the worms, just like I used to have", not quite, his were flat, these are round like rice, you know, maggot shaped.  I pulled out the vacuum so we could just suck them up.  It went on for hours.  I would think we had it and another one would show up.  Freaky.  Yo then suggested that God was giving us a plague of maggots...interesting, I sure hope not.  I explained about open doors, flies come in, flies lay eggs, eggs hatch and wa-la! maggots.  Let's work on keeping the door shut, shall we?

I was repulsed, as I'm sure you are.  Ethan wanted lunch early, all this maggot sucking up with the vacuum gave him a powerful appetite.

I texted Man "What are you doing?  I'm sucking up maggots with the vacuum."  This resulted in an immediate phone call.  He suggested we have rice for lunch.  Ewww

Of course for boys who like creepy crawly things this was no big deal.


215. barn swallows swooping
216. scissor tales dancing
217. red winged blackbirds - a song I know
218. bird that sounds like an alarm clock
219. cardinals



220. spider on a flower


221. plants - armed and dangerous

For what were we created?  Go and do that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment