Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a concert for us

Mother's day, a day for confusing my Man.  A day just for mothers, special for me and my calling; it feels wrong. 

I approach the day thinking I want nothing.  I am nothing.  I am not good at what I do.  It is only Grace that gets me out of bed, and certainly not I that makes it through these days strung in a row, sometimes circling back and repeating boredom.  Not by my power, but by His.

But when the day arrives I do want.  I want a break.  I want 'thanks'.  Last minute demands on Man, 'i know i said i didn't want, but now i find i do'.  It's not an intentional trick. 

234. a man who can rise to the occasion at short notice

At least this year I did know something that I wanted.  A concert invitation in my inbox, to support some women going out from our Church to love on Muslim refugees in London; I love Muslims, London not so much, but that's ok.  Can we go, all seven of us? Okay...

It was great.  Backyard setting in old Austin hood, artists loving their Creator.  It was intimate, like breakfast.

Matt McCloskey was a new artist to us.  Local Austin Jesus Dude; really great.  And he sells in vinyl!  Yes, as in a record!  You can find him at http://listentomatt.com/

Aaron Ivey is a worship leader at our awesome Church, and he and his wife have adopted kids, love that.  He rocks.  Take a listen


My Man and boys agree that Jason Poe was a new favorite, again, please enjoy


Our boys were so good.  Three hours on the grass, just listening, reflecting.  I was proud of them.   Thank you Man and boys; it was a good weekend, a good gift for counting.

235. pre-mother's day concert on the lawn

No comments:

Post a Comment