Tuesday, May 17, 2011

It doesn't take a day

I slip into selfish time management, telling myself that these five of mine need too much of me.  but that is not true, it is an untruth, i dare to even call it a lie of mine. 

These five, each one is happy with a little.  Five minutes of focused attention, listen and hear my child; that makes the difference.  Especially with Gifted; he is giddy with just 5 minutes.  5 minutes for 5 boys, that's only 25, who doesn't have 25 to spare?  and for my own children I should easily find room to double it. 

236. kids who grow on 5
237. a God who has all the time in the world for each one of us
238. broken hearing aid, still under warranty, thank You

Thoughtfilled words inspired by Ann at a holy experience. 

A family fed and raised on literature moves slow and thought filled.  Grows outside of the need for instant, brain - overloading, visual excess.
This family learns to feed off words, The Word, flesh on paper.  What more is needed?

You can read great literature to your kids, you can rent audio cd's from your library to listen to, you can play it for free from
http://librivox.org/
In short, it is easy to fill them up with good words to grow on.  And don't forget yourself.

We are seeds planted in the dirt, mixed up, strewn on varied soil.  The dirt of this earth, desert Sudan, swampy bayou, cold artic, Andes altitude; a little or a lot sprinkled to the ends of the earth.

Fighting with strangling weeds, struggle to reach the light, planted every which way, but we reach up, sending down roots.  Some get watered, some don't.  Eat the Word, it is life to your bones.

We take after our own.  My children will be like me.  Parent like me.  The seed of me sets the seeds of them and so on down the generations.  I impact generations of children yet known, or never to be known.  I don't think my parenting books were very clear on that point.  If I don't pray and seek God's help I will surely screw this up.  It is good to know that He can redeem all things, my past mistakes can be fixed; but I'd better shape up from here on out.

That weight is heavy.  Remember to count the joy, focus on pleasant things.  Lighten up. 

Seeds under the Heavens.  I am a seed.  I will not realized my potential until my Saviour comes again and I am Home.  Not until then will the light fully shine on me, only then will I shed this darkness, pull my roots up and run. 

This is the dirt, this life.  It is only a mere fraction, the beginning, full life is yet to come.  Until then, Shalom

No comments:

Post a Comment