Monday, January 23, 2012

so let me get this straight

I really love the book of Isaiah, I think I would even say it's my favorite book of the Bible.

Last night I was reading from my Message version of the Word, reading the intro to the prophets, and to Isaiah. 

One point really stuck with me (I was tired so only one point stuck, but it's a good one).  If we insist on understanding before we obey, we'll never do it

If we are to come to Jesus like little children, not like world weary grownups, then we come to Him willing to be obedient.  Don't we expect our kids to do what we tell them?  As our kids get older they come to understand the why behind our requirements of them, but most parents don't seek to ensure that their kids understand the why before they expect them to obey

When we try to understand the why of a thing we apply the world view to gain understanding, at least that is what I usually do.  The mystery of God's plan is beyond my comprehension - if I sought understanding I would not do anything but study all day; I would never get to the doing.  And it's in the doing that we find Him



Random snow pics from years ago at our WA home.  Here in Central TX it has been in the 70s, back in WA it's been snowing.   Next stop the tropics!

No comments:

Post a Comment