Sunday, August 14, 2011

Send rain

Okay, I admit it, I am desiring rain.  Coolness, wet, clouds, whatever...

Countless days over 100 degrees, no rain for months, yes, months.  I am tired of it.  This time last year we were swimming in the rivers, fishing, hiking.  It was hot, but not so darned dry.

You know it's hot when the birds line up in the shade thrown down by the telephone wire, and they are panting!  Panting birds for goodness sake!  I swear I never knew birds could pant.  I'll try to get a pic of this phenomenon.  Oh but that would mean going outside, so never mind, just take my word for it. 

The only thing that loves this heat is watermelon.

If I can just figure out when to pick our melons.  I am so worried about too soon, too late, oh my gosh!  The boys will be bummed if we have to toss any of our 13 or so melons. 

Of course we still get to the pool, and the water park.








Love this shot of Yo.  This is him about 5 years from now, the lifeguard at the pool, reassuring all the lovely girls that they are safe, now that he's here!



And even when it's hot, we love cake!


The Dell Baseball Diamond is just down the road from us.  Everything in this part of the state is Dell...like Boeing or Microfluff in Washington. 

We took in a game the other night with friends of ours.  To my surprise we played the Tacoma Rainiers!  I cheered for Tacoma, of course (they needed someone to cheer for them!).  Tacoma won.  You're welcome.

I would ask for rain prayers and dancing, but it seems greedy when compared to the drought in the Horn of Africa.  We have water, they do not.  Granted, many farmers in TX and OK are having to sell off their cattle up North, before said cattle die, and that is no small thing.  

We are not watering our lawn.  I swear that to live in Central TX, during a drought and have a green lawn should be illegal!


"Tut tut, it looks like rain", declared Christopher Robin.  or is that Blackbeard?



Water, water everywhere.  This pic from the San Juan Islands of Washington State. 

Anyway, stay cool, pray for rain - and the Horn. 

I'm out of pina colada mix, must exit the house.....

No comments:

Post a Comment