Friday, August 5, 2011

Oasis in the desert

A few weeks ago Man and I had a date night with friends of ours.  Grown-up friends, grown up date night - wow!  that's rare for us.  One of our favorite teens kept our boys alive, so we could really enjoy ourselves.

It was a certain man's 40th birthday, a day that passed me by a few years ago; but it's fun to hang out with youngsters - ha!

His sneaky wife planned the surprise party, with a Humvee Limo and all the works.  We went to a popular dining place in Austin called The Oasis.  The tradition is that folks watch the sunset from the open balconies, then give a standing ovation to God's glory...love that!  And, being Central Texas, it does not rain so no worries there. 


My Man with plenty of leg room.


Birthday Boy and Sneaky Wife


My beautiful friend ML and her cuty patooty hubby.


Short people unite!


The view.


Another view.


Hey Friends, I'm 40!


And dancing to live music; or at least I think they were alive, old but alive.

Sunset over Lake Travis.  The lake is so low, there should be no beach to speak of. 

We had a really good time!  I just love our Texan friends, and miss our Washington ones...

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you guys are so blessed and we miss being closer so that we could possibly kid-sit while you enjoy a well deserved play.

    ReplyDelete