Sunday, August 21, 2011

Choosing the break

I have a friend, she has a sister; a brave sister who at this moment is choosing the break

To end a relationship is to choose a broken heart.  Yes it will mend, and sure it hurt to be there in the first place...but the pain is different.  That leaving kind of pain, tied to unanswered questions and HOPE, it is hard.  I don't yet know her, but I am proud of her.  

And I'm proud of my friend A, and her N Man; they are opening their little home and their big hearts to this woman who so needs a safe refuge.  I can't imagine having that kind of a sister and brother-in-law.  I hope that Man and I are raising boys who would reach out to each other if there is ever such a need. 

In my past I was not brave enough to break away.  I could not see my way out.  But I did not share the need with anyone who might of offered me the way.  And so I waited, and he left.  Thank God! 

Healing comes, this too shall pass (I love that, and said it to myself often). 

Hope rises.

And Texan men are hot, I mean really nice and gentlemanly.  Even just moving to Texas seems to imbue a man with the best of manliness. 

Counting the gifts, making note of the beauty - these move us along toward healing.  Seeing all that we don't deserve, but that He gives us anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment