Sunday, May 6, 2012

sinking deep

As our time in Washington finally draws to a close, I think I've learned something - hope I've learned something. 

I can sink deep.  It is possible to settle into a moment, even a painful moment, and savor time.  That is what I've learned.  I pray it sticks.  Just tiny moments in time, no matter the place - in the kitchen, in bed, driving, sitting, each moment is worth value.  God saw fit to give me that moment.  There is no wasted time with God

My mom is dying.  These weeks here helping the helpless, hard drawing down weeks.  Sleepless nights.  How does God strengthen us for these times when we say Stop!  This is not what I want.  My branches will surely break and then I'll be a heap of sadness, no good to or for my family.  But there is no Stop.  Just another moment after the one we are in.  I'm getting comfortable in the moment, finding Him there, my Comforter.  Ah, there's the key.  Finding the Comforter, because He is there, always. 

If I can hold onto this truth and make it habit, I truly can do all things in Him.  Just one moment in a string, that doesn't seem too hard, does it?


Pacific Ocean water is really cold!  Unless your name is Bis.








Aunt T giving Tom a haircut.  How DO you cut these curls?


Uncle T and Aunt S had a pizza feed for us.  




 My Mom enjoying some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment