Thursday, May 10, 2012

this is marriage...

Ann Voskamp sent a link to my inbox for a video that's stirred her heart.  I find that the things that stir Ann usually mess me up - and i need that!

The marriage in the video exemplifies our marriage with Christ better than any other I've seen.  It is selfless, giving, beauty in two becoming one.


Man and I knew a couple in our church in Tulsa, a few years back, that I am reminded of today.  The man was wheelchair bound, he had profound CP (if I remember correctly), the woman was (maybe still is) a professional model.  They were engaged to be married.  I admit it made me uncomfortable, how could they get married, how could she love him?  He could not speak, they had their own kind of sign language.  As I have come to greater relationship with and in Christ, I think I can grasp the corner of what their love must be like.  A true model of marriage, a thing to be envied. 

I'm blessed with a good marriage, a great one actually.  If yours needs help, then I recommend getting John Piper's book mentioned in the video, you can get it for free on desiringgod.org.  And read Debi Pearl's book Created to be His Helpmeet.  Good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment