Sunday, November 6, 2011

religion or the Gospel

Church this morning challenged, stretched, taught; I thank God that that is normal for our church.  

Do you practice religion or live the Gospel?  I confess that I waiver.   Most Christians practice religion, on Sunday for an hour, they do not live the Gospel. 

Every other world religion is defined by a person doing his or her best and hoping that it's good enough.

Only in Christianity do we admit our sin, and accept that Jesus took our punishment.  Romans 5:8-9 while we sinned Christ died for us.  Justified us - declared us not guilty, righteous forever, through Him. (my paraphrasing)

Religion= I obey so I can be accepted.

The Gospel = I am accepted, therefore I obey. 

Did you get that?  read it again, it's good.

I choose to die to myself, I want to abandon it all for Him, because of my overflowing gratitude for all that He has done and will do for me.  Stinky, selfish, short fused, me.

And what is it that I obey?  What does Jesus ask? 

We are to learn and become disciples so that we can make disciples who make disciples, all the way to the ends of the earth, in all languages and people groups.   To what end?  Worship

It's as easy and as complicated as that.  Do we do this on our own?  No, we do it with His power.  Serve the King of kings so that others can join in the service and worship Him. 






I'm finding so much on youtube to inspire me.  I hope we can get reliable internet on Boracay!

May you OVERFLOW with gratitude today.

No comments:

Post a Comment