Thursday, October 6, 2011

What do you mean going?!

Well to put it bluntly we are selling all of our stuff and moving to a tiny island in the Philippines to help finish a school building, then teach there.

This all started last winter.  We pondered the idea of being goers; our church is big on sending missionaries and evangelists to all Nations.  I didn't really think anyone would be interested in a family of 7....so I sent out a few emails.  Right away we got yes's from two families, one in the Philippines, the other in Costa Rica. 

But then we got freaked out about the whole thing.  And money we thought would be flowing in seemed to get stuck.  So we put the idea aside and moved on.  We decided to adopt again; maybe that was what God wanted.  I think Man and I both felt that we were supposed to be doing something..but what?

It was clear to me when I went to sign up for foster/adoption classes that that was not the right thing

We came back to going, something that was on my mind almost constantly.  Brian felt like we should be overseas.  Now it's all coming together.

I humbly wrote back to the family in the Philippines to see if they would still take us; their needs fit our skills - construction and teaching.  They do want us.  So we applied to First Love International
First Love International

We were approved to join the On The Rock team
On The Rock Ministries

The next step was to tell our families.  While not everyone understands why we are going, we seem to have everyone's support! 

I have a list of to do's.  Already God is blessing us unexpectedly.

We've wanted a new camera; I wanted one for my birthday in June but there were always other expenses.  Last Friday  I went to buy my camera, finally.  My card was declined!  At home I checked with Man, there was money in the bank.  I then went online to check the prices there, and 'my' camera was $60 cheaper online and I could choose store pickup and go get it in the morning.  Yeah God!  $60 cheaper, that's awesome!

Harley on our bed.

Butterscotch, anyone want a kitty?

Climbing action.

Yo and baby K

Number One catching the ball!  #1, Yo and EQ are on the same football team.


Our pets need new homes.  We don't know when we'll be back, so they need permanent homes.  I chose to start with our puppy Harley.  He has hip dysplasia, not a good selling point.  I remembered that the people we got him from told us they would take him back if we ever could not keep him.  But I had purged my computer of old emails; even deleting email addresses I did not need.  God prompted me to look for what I knew was not there....He's funny that way.  And there in my contacts was an email without a name.  I tried it, asking "did we get our puppy from you?".  It was them!

They want him back.  The man is so excited to be getting Harley back, he regretted giving him away.  One of my boys said "It's like we borrowed him", right, we borrowed him, got him vaccinated and neutered now we're giving him back, hmmmm. 

We are sad to say goodbye to pets, but glad that Harley is going back to his first family.
We loved ya for a season Hbomb!

No comments:

Post a Comment