Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The gift of kids

There is no doubt that kids are a gift.  Any woman who has struggled with fertility, any mother who has lost her child can attest that kids are precious; a precious gift above all treasure.

But do I live my life as a parent as if my kids are treasures?  In reading One Million Arrows a statement made by Julie really struck me:

I have lived as if the world is God's gift to my children, instead of living like my children are God's gift to the world. 

I love that.  It speaks to where God has our family right now.  He has literally stirred in me a discomfort for the comforts of life in middle class America, given me a husband with a heart for the world, and kids who are wired for adventure.  Why? 

Believing that my treasure is in Heaven is very exciting.  It frees me to give away what I have here.  I am free to follow Christ, to count it all as His, and know that my reward is in Him. 

In Radical Pursuit of The King

The Kropp family's new motto.  We want our kids to grasp these truths now, not in their 40's. 

Looking at the future in terms of generational chunks of time; the next 100, or 300 years.  What impact do you hope to have made for our King?  Man and I have 5 arrows to sharpen and send out.  We believe 100 percent that God will use our kids and their kids to do great things, and their reward in Heaven will be wonderful.    We are saved by faith for good works.   Most people ignore the works part of the equation.

But we can't just go along with the flow of mainstream America.  Even most churches are not following Christ.  It truly is obvious that where your money is, there is your heart.  You can see it in mega church buildings, the cars in the lot, the programs offered to church members - most of money given/tithed to churches is spent on the church, not on THE MISSION





Those Radical Kropps!  What will they do next?

No comments:

Post a Comment