Saturday, June 4, 2011

invisible people

Who is invisible in your life?

The cashier at the grocery store?  the produce gal(our's is named Cres, I pray for her, she hugs my kids)?  the single mom with 5 kids and one on the way ?  Is she invisible to you as she struggles to get them all into the car and off to school?

Or what about the woman who needs two seats on the plane.  Is her discomfort your discomfort and so you don't look?  she is invisible, yet right there.

Are these not the face of Jesus?  Do we miss Him every day by failing to look around us at the weak, the meek, the humble, dirty, poor in Spirit and things?

We cry out Where are You!  and He is right there.

When I look on my child who frustrates me, I behold the Face of Jesus.

I look at the guy on the street corner, dirty hands, holding the sign.  Even if I have nothing from my hands, I give my eyes, my smile.  He knows that to me he is not invisible.

And my children take notice, they see my smile and nod at the dirty person, drinking from a paper bag.  They learn to smile, not to fear.

263. the guy on the corner who smiles back
264. cat sleeping on a pile of books
265. clouds racing
266. mama bird feeding fluffy chicks
267. sons 8 and 13 tackling a task together




268. art in the park

Take notice of someone invisible today; you might find Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment