Monday, June 20, 2011

How hot is hot?

Three digit temps are pretty hot.  Most folks around here stay home and stay inside this time of the year; it's the off season for camping - that's really funny coming from Washington.

277. triple digit temps
278. a family up for anything
279. friends not afraid of the heat

We went camping this hot weekend.  The Colorado River is not much more than a creek by the time it gets to Central Texas this time of the year, and we've not had rain for weeks.  I love Central Texas, the diversity is fascinating.


280. armadillos - my friend A would totally disagree, that's ok, I find them just so cute
281. skunk stink that walks on by...thank the Lord our dogs did not get sprayed
282. frogs the size of my fingernail

283. boys rounding up carp and scooping them out with their hands

A small troop of The Boy Scouts of America were at the campground; their utility trailer had a nice insignia of BSA etc. on it.  I told Man I want one on our utility trailer, BFF = Big Frickin Family.  Man said no, he is so unreasonable. 

Two other families joined us.  We had a total of 10 kids in our group and 4 dogs, you know that makes for fun! and lots of food, and a bit of noise...


The group elder teen taught some of my kiddos basic guitar skills - he is such an awesome kid (you know I'll say it again, I just love teenagers).

284. guitar teachers


For refreshment we had natural freshwater springs to swim in.

285. clear, fresh, cool water on a 106 degree day



 
The before, followed by the after:





Life around the camp:


Dam it!



EQ's hair is so awesome - Cali surfer dude with Tex cowboy thrown in


The most active Riley ever gets.


Holy Moly, hide your daughters!


The view from our campsite under the willows.


Star spangled weeds.

Yeah, I'm that hot guy on TV, but please, no autographs, I'm on vacation!



The feet tell the real story.





Who doesn't love a sleeping baby? 


 Going, going...
 Gone!

One of the kids, not mine, asked "what's wrong with your dog?"  I explained that he's part dead...she was confused.  Riley is part basset; he walks to retrieve his ball.  Camping whoops his hiney.


Just a few more, I can't help myself....

Have a seat.  Oh but not right there, sorry.


Rockin A Mom - fearless



My eyes,they use to be leetle you know, then I put the antenae in the socket and waa-laa - bubble eyes!  The ladies like em' chew no?

Such a serious bunch of monkeys.

Today is my birthday - dessert for dinner!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment