Sunday, February 26, 2012

sort of a blur

Much has been going on around here.

Our house was listed on a Monday and on contract the following weekend.  Set to close in less than 4 weeks....which puts closing Feb. 29th.

We'll spend time with some of our favorite fam in a large city in MO.  Then fly to Seattle to spend time with more fav fam.  Should be in the Philippines mid April.

The excitement is grand, the leave taking sucks.

In all of that I flew to Seattle to spend time with my Mom.   My sweet Mom.

I now know more about cancer than I used to.  I've hung out in a infusion suite - the swell name for the room in which chemotherapy is given.   It's a room with an amazing team of nurses who spend time and get to know fighters. 

My heart broke and I was in awe of two people in that room, a husband and wife, both getting chemo.  Now all of the folks in that room are to be honored, to fight is no easy challenge.  But to have both husband and wife.  It seems too heavy to carry that.

While in Seattle the weather was, well, Seattleish. 



Chickadees.  My Grandad used to call me Chickadee; it's one of my favorite birds.


Color, even in Seattle in February.




My Dad's Old Blue - I love this truck.  My Mom's not so much a fan of it parked in her garden, although it may have grown on her.  I think it's fabulous. 


Clematis doing its thing.


Hen and Chicks, yep that's its name.  I like this family because it's like my mom, my bro and me. 


My Mom, the beautiful hen.






Not a Seattle pineapple, a monkey tree, go figure.


Tater's long lost tractor son.



Will try to keep updates rolling.  We are taking the train to St. Louis - that'll be fun!  By the time we get to Boracay we will have travelled train, plain, jeepney, boat, pedicab.

No comments:

Post a Comment