Friday, July 29, 2011

A string of 100+ degree days

It has been hot.  At night it does not cool down, well, unless you consider 98 degrees cooled down.  And it's dry, very, very, dry. 

But we have food.  This morning Yo pulled up one of our favorite sites, "the last 24 hours in pictures", see the link to the right.  People are starving.  Yes I know that is always the case someplace.  But these people look like my kids.  They are on the Horn Of Africa - that includes Eritrea, Ethiopia, Somalia and part of Kenya.  Let's not forget tiny Djibouti. 

We go to our garden and see all that grows, despite the central Texas drought.  We have water, enough to grow with and shower, and wash with...really more than enough.  I can't send any of our watermelon, or zucchini, or basil to Africa, but I can pray, and remember these people, and cry for them.  Yo asked why all the mothers and fathers are dead, "why are the grandmas raising the kids?".  HIV was my reply, "ahhh", he knows full well about HIV and loss.  And the grandma's are dying, as they give what little they have to the children.  Who will be left?

And then we go to the pool.  But we will not forget





And I've been sketching.  I want to figure out how to color my sketches on the computer, but I've not found just the right program, and I don't want to buy photoshop.

I have had fun on www.befunky.com



This last one is from a photo that I used a watercolor program on.  Cool!

We are off on a date night tonight, Man and I along with a group of friends.  It's a 40th birthday!  Limo, dancing, drinks, all that! 

Happy Friday.  Remember to Thank God for the Little Things

1 comment: