Monday, October 15, 2012

critters in endless supply

We always seem to have something in a tub.  Snake, hermit crab, snails, lizards....

A tiny, baby snake that Seth found out in the rain one night.  Despite Seth's best efforts it did not survive.  I thought it was a worm, I was wrong.


Rosy the very large hermit crab.  She will eat your dead skin off your feet, or remove extra appendages.  


One of the two rescue kittens.  The J girls worked really hard to keep the kitties alive, but today one of the kittens died suddenly.  


A giant stick bug.  

This morning as I headed off to work this little guy was in the road, he followed me a bit, then someone else, then someone else.  I asked Man to send down the boys to bring the little guy home if he was still in the road; they could not find him.  This afternoon EQ and I walked down to see if the Sisters had fried bananas and there was the puppy again.  Eating poop.  Like many places around the world that lack toilet facilities, some folks here do their big jobs in a plastic baggy and toss it.  This little fellow had found a bag....it was really gross.  EQ and I bought him a hotdog and took him home.  We are calling him Gizmo.  I don't know what we'll do with him, but for now he's sorta cleaned up, and fed.  He is a very silly looking dog.  I am hoping he will sleep quietly with the boys and I won't have to do much with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment