Friday, September 28, 2012

Honor

Honor your parents.  God's words.  What does that look like exactly?  I have been thinking on this lately as the loss of my Mom became imminent.  Honor means to speak highly of, to give a place of importance to; to respect. 

My Mom brought me up in the Church - God Bless her.  My brother and I knew that on Sundays Mom took us to church, that's just how it was.  We had healthy food to eat.  Presents for birthdays and Christmas, trips to relatives' homes.   We had pets even when it meant a burden.  We went camping even when staying home would be easier.   We were loved.

Mom, you did a good job. 

My Mom's legacy lives on in my brother who is raising his two sons to know God.  Her impact is seen in my own parenting, our five boys who love God and seek hard after him, even to the ends of the earth.  My Mom started these things rolling by being obedient to the way she was raised. 

Mom, you will be missed by many. 


My beautiful Mom.


Gorgeous even in ear muffs.  

At my wedding.  


On a beach with her dog, Bella.


On the deck watching her birds and enjoying the view.  This was in the early spring.

Prayers are appreciated.  Remember, if your parents are still on this planet, honor them. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Gretchen, I'm so sorry to read this post. I know her suffering has ended. Be blessed and know that you are prayed for and thought of often.

    ReplyDelete