Sunday, December 30, 2012

IloIlo - more than just a fun name

We arrived on the island of Panay at the North end, and headed south via the East coast.  There were 14 of us in a rented van - not one with 14 seats exactly, but we squeezed in.  I can't get over how caution gets thrown to the wind and we just have to do as the locals do here.  Not really seatbelts, not even seats for everyone, a driver who speeds up in school zones, passing on blind corners going up hill.  Sure is good for improving one's prayer life and faith in the Almighty!


Darn, I really did want to hire this guy.


That Brian and his store; guess he thought the extra N would keep me in the dark.  


This is just funny in a city full of traffic jams.  I could not detect any other drivers paying attention to this order.


Ronald would be proud.  And just look at the delivery truck, what a load of fries could fit in that!


I came here so often that they started hanging up the closed sign as I rounded the corner.  


I love what folks do with what they have.  My pic does not do this little garden on the edge of a second story nipa hut justice - it was really pretty.


These two cutie patooties hanging out in their Dad's bike trike.  Love the basket purse.  We wandered through old parts of the city where few foreigners go, everyone was so smiley and many people wanted their pictures taken. 

More tomorrow - got to get to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment