Thursday, November 22, 2012

things aren't always what they seem


You've heard me cry about how sad the animal situation is here; it is so hard to be a cat or dog on Boracay.  Well a few days ago I was in the office at school when I heard a yowling cry.  Oh no, that is never good. 

My friend O had been walking home when she heard what she thought was a human baby crying from the trash heap.  Digging through the trash pile she was sure she was going to find a baby tossed out with the trash.  What she found was a plastic bag, moving.  Once open O could see that in the bag was a kitten, not a baby thank God.  But now what?  She could not tie it back up and replace it in the trash pile.  So she brought it to me, the sucker.  I swear she totally begged me to take this kitten.  Man says I should have walked away.  You can see that did not happen.  I named him Olive after the friend who found him.  I considered Baggie or Ziplock, but not everyone thinks I'm funny.   We will not keep him.  Either we'll find him a home once he's stronger, or he will be a school kitty and I'll have him in my classroom.


Gizmo wants to eat Olive.  Is he not the cutest puppy ever?  This photo is by my son, Yosef.  Well done!


What do you see on your way to work?  This is what I see as I WALK.

It is so nice to know that the Coast Guard is here if you need them.


The Honelyn I think is one of those slimline cigarette boats, very fast.


And in case the Coast Guard boat is busy, there is the Tornado to lend a helping hand.  It is always available, really, it never moves.


You can just see a kitesurfer and a windboarder in the sunrise.


This is kiteboarding time.  People are here in our hood from all over the world for the supreme boarding.


Two boys on their way to school, walking.  I am getting fit and trim and so is Man with all of this walking.  I don't think our boys are gaining any weight, just height.  


Thanks much to my Aunt S and Uncle T we do art projects once a week in my class.  This week we reviewed what we know about fish, and did a unit on Dr. Seuss.  The kids then drew and painted Dr. Seuss type fish.  This is a total hit.  We love art and combine it with science and literature whenever we can.



Happy Thanksgiving!  We get to have turkey on Saturday.  Our friends the R family have a contact with a turkey breeder (?)  sounds funny but I think that's it.  Anyway we will have turkey roasted on a spit. 

Love to all.

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your pictures. Gizmo is funny; he should befriend Olive. :) Your class looks full of life. Do you face attitude problems like you would here in the states or do the kids know the privilege they are getting? Their drawings are great! and why don't they have a big bonfire and clean up the beach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete