Saturday, June 16, 2012

critters and oddities

You know you're not in the US anymore when seatbelts seem silly, cockroaches are no big deal, you better not drink the tap water, and you are taller than everyone.


Fresh prawns from the market.  I cooked them whole and we sucked the brains out.  Well, 6 of us ate the brains, the one with the biggest shoes did not.  

You can fit 7 comfortably on a trike, 8 if one is behind the motorcycle driver.


Trikes lined up at the jetty port waiting for the boat to bring them passengers.


Hard to believe such a skinny momma could have milk for pups.  


I really hate spiders; hate is not too strong a word for it - trust me.


This little pup is at the Ati village. 


These stairs lead down to my classroom, and the library.


This is my classroom.  My co-teacher is Mr. Christian Vivas.  What's missing?  Man and Mr. R went to Kalibo to (hopefully) buy chairs, and the desks are being finished.  The desks were made with eraserboard tops - paper gets moldy, and we run out.  I think that whoever had the eraserboard idea needs an award.  

 Our library!  Thanks again to many of you who helped furnish this humble space. 



No comments:

Post a Comment